Logo

Mercruiser 1999 5.0 engine removal

damroc

As the start of the season draws closer i have it my head that i would like to take my mercruiser 5.0 thunderbolt out of my 99 searay 215 and have a good look at my motor, give it a service and maybe repaint my engine bay and install and new bilge pump. ive had a few overheating issues with the left side of my manifolds and although i have replaced the manifold and risers id like to pull the manifold and have a good look at the water supply and see how much restriction im up against. I am very handy around car engines and can arrange to get a lend of a jcb to lift out the engine but im not that fimiliar with the outdrive side of things, is their much involved after i remove the cables, mounts electrical connections and pull the leg ??? there would appear tobe plenty of room and time is not an issue, i just want to recon my starter and maybe give the engine a good wash down and repaint the bottom to protect and freshen up. Im hoping to keep this boat until forever i suppose i would class the project as labour of love.

many thankyou's in advance and look forward to reading your replies

Damien

Re: Mercruiser 5.0 engine removal

good for you, don't forget the alignment tool ebay has them 50 bucks or less.

You need to place the gear lever in forward to remove and re-install.

Run into any problems just post.

Back