Logo

Merc 9.9, 2003 type M CHARGING KIT installation -HELP

Nightfisher

Hi all,

Hoping one of you experts can point me in the right direction to instructions on specifically how to install a Battery Charging Kit, correctly. Since it's a first time install have nothing to follow.

Thanks

2 stroke or 4 stroke motor?

Hi, 2 Stroke. S/N: 0T693703

Serial Number points to MARINE ENGINE part: CHARGING KIT (OEM)# 62351A10 - CHARGING KIT

Need Help with Install Directions and confirmation that this Kit is COMPLETE for add-on and the correct item.

The engine, 2003 Merc 9.9 M all manual (no starter no light output).

Many Thanks for all who commented thus far.

EDIT/ADD: OH, Will this kit once installed create any loss of horse power.

Last edited:
does the kit include any add on the the stator?does your existing stator have the windings to support the add on? is the kid sold as compatible with your motor?

negligible loss of power if you get it working...

From the picture and description of the parts kit, it contains everything except the charge coil for the stator. Some outboards have the charge coil factory installed, some don't. Remove the flywheel and confirm that you have a charge coil in place, if not you will have buy the correct charge coil.

Hi Bilge Rat and all,
Could you tell me what the 'charge coil' part-description is that I can identify it in the component diagram. It will be a week or two before I get the engine out of storage to begin the work. Further, I'm looking into modifying the motor from 9.9 to 15 HP. I understand, amongst other, I'll have to re&re the exhaust baffle.

Back