Logo

Merc 700 serial number no match found

Giles

Hello everyone
have another year and model ID for you and any help with wiring would be appreciated.
Serial number from transom reads 7088260c
I’ve been trying to track down a wiring harness
took it out for its first run in 10 yrs last summer and when I got it to the dock the wiring had all split open and exposed the deadly green of old copper. It’s not just a few wire’s it’s all of them including the main positive and negative.
Cowl has the blue stripes and thunderbolt ignition on the front cover

Any my help would be appreciated
thanks again

I’ve tried loading photos but this site doesn’t like my iPhone going to try when I get my computer up and running later

Do you have any idea if I’ll have to reconstruct a new harness by hand or if is possible to order a complete replacement?

Well some of the wires are part of the stator and trigger.----Not sure what you are capable off or what your determination to save money is.

Well some of the wires are part of the stator and trigger.----Not sure what you are capable off or what your determination to save money is.

Im an Automotive tech so making harness is easy but would rather the quickest and most reliable way possible. I know when the outboard got hot it split the harness open so I’m pretty sure the corrosion has gotten all the way into the ends of the harness. It was powering my fathers old fishing boat and my mom would like the grandkids to learn to fish on it as well.
Its going to be a full rebuild the boat sits about 6” deeper in the water than it used to so it’s a hell of a project but she is determined to have what she wants and I’m the only one in the family capable.

My mother would also like to keep it going it’s the only family possession that we still have from our childhood with a lot of great memories

Yes , I am getting ready to rebuild a boat for 7 year old grandson to replace his 12 foot aluminum.-----Action Marine 17.----Google that to see some on the water.------West system epoxy and composite components so it will not rot again.-----I understand the concept of the memories.

Back