Logo

Merc 57L 260hp 350 CID

morcelog

1989 Merc 5.7L 260hp 350 CID

1989 Merc 5.7L 260hp 350 CID

I have a problem w/ my starter it will take 2 to 4 min to get it starter ones is on warme an i turn the engine off it will star fine

Please help

Are you saying it takes 2-4 mi

Are you saying it takes 2-4 mins. to get the engine started? After the engine warms up it will start quickly?

Make sure the choke is working. It must close when the engine is cold and open all the way after the engine warms up.

COLD: WEN I TURN THE ENGINE ON

COLD: WEN I TURN THE ENGINE ON TAKES 2 TO 4 MINS.

WARMS :After the engine warms up it will start quickly

WARE CAN I FINE THE CHOKE?

Giovanny;
Suggest you get a m

Giovanny;
Suggest you get a manual and do some reading.
You can also refer to recent topics on this forum; there are several that deal with chokes and how to set it correctly.

Rod

"Well If you have to ask then

"Well If you have to ask then we may need to tell you.

Remove the Flame arrestor ( air cleaner ).

Look straight down and that black thing about the size of a old square telephone that is the CARBURETOR.
There are 2 halfs to the carb. the front half is the half with the choke. it is a very thin plate that should close when the engine is COLD and you move the throttle to activate the linkages.

This choke is controlled by a small group of squirrel, opppps I mean a small round black device on the left side of the carb. There is a bymetal spring inside there. There should be two wires going to it, purple and black.

When closed/cold the choked should almost close completely and after the key is on for a while the metal spring inside that black cover heats up and the choke should open all the way. (all the way is completely vertical)"

"He has a quadrajet a 4 barrel

"He has a quadrajet a 4 barrel that image is of a 2 barrel.

217215.jpg
quadjet pic

Back