Logo

MD7A leaking Water Pump

hrios1234

Any help would be appreciated.

Any help would be appreciated. I have volvo MD7A with a light but pesky drip coming from the water pump. There are two bolts that sit behind the pump housing (behind the impeller housing) and the bottom bolt is rusted and just below it is the tell tale sign of discoloration and rust due to the drip. What is the possible cause and suggested remedy? I thought about pulling the bolt and wrapping the thread with thread tape but the schematics do not provide enough detail. Thanks in advance.

"What you are seeing is a wat

"What you are seeing is a water drip due to worn seals in the water pump.
You need to remove the pump and replace the seals , At this time though I would sugest installing a complete rebuild kit including seals , shaft , bushings , cam , imleller ,etc.
Best luck
B.J."

I am looking fo a wiring diagr

I am looking fo a wiring diagram to install a starter (#3581774) for volvo diesal TAMD41P-A

"I am looking fo a wiring

"I am looking fo a wiring diagram "

Start a new topic with your question giving it title that informs readers what you are asking about. You wont get any answers under the heading "MD7a leaking water pump"

Go to the index page and click on "Start new discussion"

"What you are seeing is a wat

"What you are seeing is a water drip due to worn seals in the water pump.
You need to remove the pump and replace the seals , At this time though I would sugest installing a complete rebuild kit including seals , shaft , bushings , cam , imleller ,etc.
Best luck
B.J."
I have the same issue and now have the pump ut and ready to disassemble - I removed the impeller cover and have the circlip removed, but now how do I get the bearing out to replace it and how remove the shaft to get at the seals ?? do I need a gear puller or can I bang the shaft out with a hammer or what - I don't want to damage anything (the whole thing seems so simple, but it's got me vexed here) - please reply at [email protected] THANKS

Back