Logo

MCM 5.0 fuel pump question

Slyfive

07 sea ray low hours on main eng. starts goods lacks acceleration feels very hesitant maybe it will shut off if I don’t pull back some. Is that a fuel pump issue ?

How about ALL THE SPECIFICATIONS for your engine.
Serial #
Fuel injected or TBI or Carbed?
Hours of use if you know.
Any past issues or recent maintanence.

Its very important to include as much info as possible especially for engine problems.

How about ALL THE SPECIFICATIONS for your engine.
Serial #
Fuel injected or TBI or Carbed?
Hours of use if you know.
Any past issues or recent maintanence.

It’s very important to include as much info as possible especially for engine problems.
she has 2 barrel carburetor the engine has 90 hours, everything is original equipment
I put new distributor cap and button last summer before the problem started. The problem got progressively worse between 2 trips. The first trip out I felt a hesitant drop in power while on plane around 4000 rpms it alerted my attention because its was first time I’ve felt it but I didn’t do anything about it, 2weeks later on the second trip she was having trouble getting up above 2000rpms felt very hesitant and lacked power.
Here are the trouble shooting I did
Checked plugs they’re good
With the engine off and throttle cable disconnected, I propped open the butterfly and worked throttle. I see a nice solid stream of gas.
Engine running and doing the same test it looks like rain drops not a stream of gas.
With no load on the engine it will rev up no problem. When boat is in gear and throttle is increased it’s starts hesitating.

What do the contents of your fuel filter look like? I would suspect you probably need a carb rebuild based off the description. you would need to measure fuel pressure to rule out the fuel pump.

Would re verify the firing order since you changed the cap. BTDT...

Back