Logo

Mariner 2 cycle 20 horse rough idle

Olie

See the attached YouTube link, I feel like my Mariner 20 HP is running a little rough. I put new plugs in last spring.

Any other suggestions ? I did a quick search and didn't see alot of 20 hp outboard issues on here.

https://youtu.be/ZIbRizFdCRk

Thanks for any tips,
Olie

Same motor as the 25 hp. Pull the primer out and see if it changes it should change for the worse. If not your carb may need a rebuild. Do a spark and compression test.

Any videos or do it your self tips on doing the compression and spark test ? In the mean time I'll search the forum.

Thanks
Olie

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but are you talking about the primer bulb on the gas line ?

Pull it out and run without it ?

I do noticed that even with the vent on the gas can securely screw down I can't get the bulb to get firm it's still lose no matter how much I compress it

Ah okay, I useally pull that out when I start it and it will useally run with it pulled out. I'll try it tomorrow with it running and pull it out and see if it kills.

If it doesn't I guess I'll have to figure out why.

If it doesnt kill the motor you may have a problem in the primer assembly. Best way to fix that is with a complete carb rebuild.

Back