Logo

Manual Selection

mecanico_naval

Looking for Engine workshop manual(s) for 8.1GI motors. Problem is that there are two motors in boat, and one is obviously newer than the other (not my boat, I just have to keep it running). The owner is willing to purchase whatever is necessary, but I would like to start in the right direction. This sight has several options, but I always hate making clients purchase things that are of no use, and being located where a Volvo Marine Dealer is not available only increases that possibility. Any tips for determining the correct manuals will be appreciated, we are at the mercy of the net on this.

Thanks, I looked at them. also found Volvo factory workshop manuals. Now I have to try to figure out how different the motors really are. We scanned with scantool and found the same MEFI-4 on both. Also found two types of spark plugs -- not sure either number is the right plug. The owner wants to get maintenance done ASAP. We have 8.1GiL-B on the port side, which is a 2000-2001 model I believe and the other is a 8.1Gi-F which is a 2004-2005 production model. All cross referencing I have been able to do indicates that the motors use the same plugs, but want to be sure and want to know which ones???

Back