Logo

Manifold and Riser Removal Success

jbthehut

"Just came home from a very su

"Just came home from a very successful session of manifold removal. I removed the manifolds, risers and collectors on two 270hp crusaders. The manifolds are raw water cooled and have been on the engines for 9 years. Believe it or not they came off with very little effort, almost like they were put on just last week. Goes to show just how important it is to use a good anti seize. I know the company that did the work 9 years ago so I was certain that they had done it right, and it turns out they did. I also took both heat exchangers off as well, to do some clean up on them. The removal took me 5 hrs, now I have a couple of days of clean up to get the engines and engine compartment cleaned up. I don’t know how old the water pumps are on the engines, but if they are not too expensive I might change those as well while there is plenty of room to work. Just wanted to share my good fortune with the group, I hope the rest of the project goes as smooth."

JB...That is great ! I hope y

JB...That is great ! I hope you might have read some of my posts regarding the manifold removal. They were the EXACT opposite

"Al.. I thought you would resp

"Al.. I thought you would respond to this post. Yes I have been following your project and felt for you the whole time, and at the same time was dreading the start of my own project. Yours was not the first I have heard of, that went the way yours did. You know when I was in the middle if the removal yesterday and I saw my BFH sitting there not being used I thought of you and what you must have gone through. I hope that future projects go better for you. I hope that mine will go back together as well, you never know with a boat project, it's never over till it's done."

"Thank JB, I appreciate the th

"Thank JB, I appreciate the thoughts

Yogi said it..." it ain't over til its' over ""

Back