Logo

Magnetic Drain Plug that uses O-Ring, What is Part #?

Klink

Regular Contributor
I have a 1990 70hp (E70TLES) I am fixing for an old friend, I was changing the gearcase oil and found that both the magnetic drain plug on the bottom and the regular plug on top both use O-rings and have the groove for the O-ring. Looking at the parts diagram for the engine on marinegines.com, all I see for plugs are plastic washer type. Does anyone have the part numbers for the O-ring type in the bottom magnetic and the top plug regular?

Bought some Danko #78 O-rings at home Depot, $2.47 for a pack of 10. I talked to Danko, they said they are Buna-N, Nitrile Rubber, 70 Durometer, they are AS568 O-Ring Size 108, 1/4" ID x 3/32 thick x 7/16" OD. So,
they are 100% like the original O-rings. I don't have a BRP dealer near me, and ordering 2 O-rings online is nuts.

Does anyone know the drain plug numbers?

I spent considerable time this morning after reading your original question. I'm (almost) sure I've seen those grooved plugs in the past, but dang if I can find them in any of my parts books. Maybe I'm dreaming.

333572 o ring is part number.

Yes, that is the O-ring part number, they still sell the O-ring for those that have the O-ring type screw, that would tend to corroborate my theory that they changed the screw to a washer type but did not make it a new part number.

The Danko washers I bought at Home depot are identical specs, the only thing I can't test to compare is the hardness of the washer, the Durometer 70 spec, it may be that the 333572 is softer, Durometer 50.

Back