Logo

Low compression on 65 HP Johnson 1972

brent

" well the compression test sh

" well the compression test showed that cylinder 1 has 120, cylinder 2 has 95, and cylinder 3 has 105. I pulled the head off and changed the head gasket and when doing so checked the cylinder walls out. There was no scarring or grooves AT ALL. The guy at the local marine shop told me it sounded like I had a piston ring stuck. He recommended that I take some Engine Tuner and at 2000-3000 rpms, shoot the engine tuner in the jets. Then give it a good dose until the engine almost stalls and then shut it down and let it sit for about an hour and let it soak. Then fire it back up and shoot some more in and run it pretty good then check compression again. He thinks that the engine tuner may free up the stuck piston ring giving me my compression back. Does anyone think that it will get the compression back up or am I wasting my time? "

I have read that SeaFoam will

I have read that SeaFoam will free up the piston rings. AND has anyone ever used it? Is it safe for my 3 cylinder engine and if so what mixture should I use / how should I go about using it? Thanks

SeeFoam is an excellent produ

SeeFoam is an excellent product...I've used it for years with great success. Read the directions on the can for 2cycle applications.
Gary

Back