Logo

Lost either voltage regulator or alternator -- a question about a fuse?

twin 150

Contributing Member
Last summer I was slow trolling and an alarm went off on my starboard 2008 BF150. A quick glance at my constant led volt meter and it was climbing past 16vdc. So, immediately I shut off the motor. On and off throughout the morning it was clear with a minute or so, the voltage would climb from normal. So, thankfully I had a second motor to get back from 25 miles out. Ultimately, I just replaced the entire alternator.

Here re is my question.

Was as there a fuse that I could have pulled for the alternator output? (My two OB's have their own battery and can be put into parallel if I needed to.

Is is there an easy way to render that offending OB operational without being a Mechnical in the middle of the ocean?

The only fuse the you could pull to effect only the output of the alternator is the 90 or 100 amp fuse (depending on the vintage of your motor. You will need a phillips screwdriver to take it out.

It connects yours alternator to the battery feed.

I am not sure if you will get an alarm - possibly not.

You could also pull the connector off of the alternator, but I am pretty sure that would give you an alarm.

Mike

If you take out the charging fuse you will have alarm and battery light will come on And if you pull out connector from alternator you will have alarm and check engine light will come on.

wajira

Back