Logo

Looking for Lower Unit Lock

Everglades260CC

Contributing Member
Do you guys have any suggestions on lower unit locks. I'm taking vacation to West coast of Florida and leaving the boat int he water at the rental house. On other forums, have seen posts of lower units being stolen from people's dockside. Got me spoked a little.

I've searched the intra-web, but it appears that they locks I am coming across are for all the other major outboard OEM. Everything but Honda.. :confused:

Any input would be appreciated.

Regards,
Dave

The problem I see with these locks...and ANY "tamper proof" system for that matter...is that serious and well prepared thieves will likely bring a set of "keys" with them as they patrol the dock fingers.

You might do just as well grinding the heads of 3 or 4 bolts in your own fashion so that the only way to remove them is to continue to grind. No crook is going take the time to do that even if they have a grinder with them.

Later, when you need to remove them for service, just grind them off and use fresh bolts.

Just another way to go.

Good luck.

Thanks JGMO. I understand, I'm just hoping that it is a deterrent. If thieves are well-equipped or want it badly enough they will take it. I'm just hoping a small deterrent device will make them pass my boat and move on. At least I tried to make it a little harder of a target.

Back