Logo

Looking for a replacement set of spark plug wires for my 1999 Evinrude E15R4EEB 15 hp outboard

dougbartow

I'm looking for a replacement for this set of 2 spark plug wires for my 1999 Evinrude E15R4EEB 15 hp Outboard Motor (one is longer than the other): https://www.boats.net/product/evinrude/0585092

From Marine Engine customer service: 585092 - Unfortunately that item is no longer available from the manufacturer. We have no stock left and no source for more, and there is no alternate part we can offer. I wish we could help.

Any advice appreciated, thx

Need to ask.-----Why do you need new wires ?------What is your motor doing / not doing ?-----What trouble shooting have you done.

One has electric tape on the boot and I'm afraid it's going to fail, as I need to reach underneath to disconnect it from the plug—it's difficult to reach...

Your local dealer likely has the correct wire on a roll.----Does not need wire core with that optical system I believe.-----Install your plug boots or new ones.----Should be an easy fix !

Stop-----You need to determine if you need new wire cut to length from a roll of " WIRE CORE WIRE " or something else.----Hurry to a boat shop.----I have 3 of these motors for parts , but you are likely to far away to walk over.

@racerone Thx. Q: The wires I have on my motor now are slightly different lengths. That works well, as you can't possibly mix up the wires when reinstalling them after putting in new plugs, the shorter one won't reach the wrong plug. If I swap those wires with 2 new ones that are the same length (ie: purcahse 2 new ones), are there any electrical issues I need to be aware of with regard to timing etc?

Does not matter which wire goes to the sparkplugs.---Repeat---It dies not.-----No need to overthink this on your part.

Back