Logo

Looking for a place to purchase parts

mikemacy

"i was on this site last year

"i was on this site last year i'm going to rebuild my 1990 150 vro . it seems to me that more parts were available throught his site last year. i'm looking to do pistons and rings in my engine i've also found two places were exhaust spurts from the gasket where the cylinders meet the heads. my boat seems to run fine out of water but in water it will go very slow (will not get on plane without someone on the front deck) but sometimes it will kick in and run better than ever. it almost seems as though i'm not always running on all cylinders and i have low compression on one cylinder. i've already cut out the vro pump, rebuilt the carbs, replaced all plugs,replaced all fuel lined and fuel filter and water seperator. can anyone help?"

"Mike, If you have low compre

"Mike, If you have low compression, you will never get full power. I would try to determine why you have low compression (gasket, rings, cylinder) and decide if you want to spend the $ to fix. In addition, it sounds like your motor has some ignition or carb issues. You might like to fix those first.

PS Parts are availible in lots of places. You can look up a part at the BRP web site and google its part number."

"about how much $ do you think

"about how much $ do you think it'll cost to rebuild the motor, i'm gonna have the cylinders bored and get new pistons and rings also."

"There was a seller on Ebay tr

"There was a seller on Ebay trying to give away a rebuilt powerhead for that motor. As I recall, he had no bids at $500. That would be the first place I watched."

"Mike,

Reference your comme

"Mike,

Reference your comment in the first post, there are far more parts available on this site than last year. Last year there were about 8,000 parts, now there are close to 60,000 parts offered here.

Pistons and rings are here.

Also see this link and this lookup

But... we don't have a complete powerhead."

Back