Logo

Little help with Mercury Bigfoot Please!!

Pikeslumber7

Hello, I'm Blake and I have never posted anything on here. I've looked around and gotten advice from other threads but have a problem and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.
I have a pontoon with a 2006 Mercury Bigfoot 60 hp the model is 60ELPTEFI. I bought it last year and only used it 3 or 4 times but it seemed to run okay. I knew the previous owners were old and hadn't done any maintenance in years, the gas tank was filthy, the gas lines rotting, filthy under the cowling, etc. One day the pickup in the gas tank rotted and started flaking off. I ordered a new one and it took a few weeks to finally come in and I installed it. I cleaned everything up good and installed new gas lines, primer bulb, and replaced both filters when replacing the pickup. The motor hasn't cranked since. The filters and ever line on the motor going from filters to pumps and vst etc. was partially clogged. So I put in new spark plugs, and cleaned lines and it still wouldn't crank. I replaced the fuel pump and the VST which were both rusted and needed it even if they weren't the problem. Put everything back together and nothing. The motor will turn over (crank) but not run. It's getting gas through all the lines like it should with no leaks. I've tested the coils and double checked my spark plug gaps and the coils and plugs are firing and it still won't start. I thought it might be the kill switch because the wiring was a mess under the console so I cut the line and bypassed the kill switch and it still wouldn't start. I can prime it and it acts like it wants to start but just can't get there. I've checked voltages and loads on the battery, solenoid, ignition coil, regulators, everything you can test for proper voltage or resistance, and fuses are all good and still nothing. What am I missing?? Does anyone have any ideas that I haven't tried or parts I haven't replaced? I was going to try cleaning injectors today but after that my mechanical know how runs out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated?? Thanks Blake

Back