Logo

Leaking Fuel From Air Intake Gasket

patiolatern

Regular Contributor
Typically I see fuel leaking from the gasket seal (#10) when I have he engine tilted up. Not a lot but some. I think the intake cover and gasket is supposed to collect any excess fuel item (41 and 28 along with gasket).

Any tips on making this a better seal? A couple of the bottom screws are awkward but I thought I had them tight each time.

1982 70HP

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2576.jpeg
    IMG_2576.jpeg
    258 KB · Views: 5
Unhook your fuel hose and run the motor out of fuel before you take it out of the water.Problem solved,you can do this on motors with a regular fuel pump but not on vro equipped engines.

Fills the float bowls full of two stroke oil if you unhook the fuel hose,have even had that happen when winterizing using the valve on the primer.

Unhook your fuel hose and run the motor out of fuel before you take it out of the water.Problem solved,you can do this on motors with a regular fuel pump but not on vro equipped engines.
Yeah that’s what I try to do just thought maybe there was something I was missing in the design or the way it was assembled or a better gasket.
Thx

stork55 , are you sure the tiny piston can fill the float bowls with oil .----Please explain.------I say that the oil ( if any ) that is pumped in goes into the engine as it is emptying the float bowl.-----Float bowl will be empty when motor stops running.----I say it all the time.----Oil and lubrication are not well understood !

I cant explain it racerone but I have seen it on several engines.When I pulled them out of winter storage and tried starting they wouldnt start.Remove the float bowl drain plugs and oil runs out.

What would cause it then.We quit running vro equipped engines out of fuel before putting them into winter storage and didnt have any problems after that.

Back