Logo

Knowledgables needed! Bottom End Seal

Bassassasian101

Hey thanks for reading my post!

I'm trying to purchase my first boat, which im really excited about.

I'm debating buying a boat off a private seller he is offering me a 14 ft. surfmaster Boat with a 35hp Chrysler engine. From what I see the boat is in fairly good condition
there is no need for it to be perfect as I plan on doing some restoring on the boat like interior carpeting etc.. and exterior paint, anyways..

My only problem is the engine requires a new bottom end seal im no mechanic so I have no idea if I am being bamboozled. How much work would be involved in transforming it into a reliable engine assuming that is the only obsticle as well as how much would I be looking at for it to get repair and serviced.

* Oh and if you can summerize what a bottom end seal is and simply tell me what it does i would greatly appreciate it. Just so I know what it does and its importance.

Oh and he is charging me 600 cash 1980 surfmaster and assuming the engine is relavently the same age.

Thank you in advance,
Bassassasian101:confused:

How does he know if the bottom end seal is bad???? To replace the bottom crank seal is a MAJOR job.You can't see them unless he talkin about the drive unit.
Those motors run and run and run!!! They will last a VERY long time.
Do a compression and spark test.Then figure out what seal he's talking about. Post his answers.J

Back