Logo

JWB OMG what is next

a33god

"Ok, Got my carbs all worked o

"Ok, Got my carbs all worked out 1996 Evinrude Intruder 150 purrs like a kitten now, set fuel mixture screws at 5 1/2 turns out on all 6 and she runs great. Now It seems I got another problem. My engine got stuck in forward gear and almost ended up completely dry when I went to back out of the doc from the boat ramp and it was still in forward gear even though I was rolling the throttle to the rear to go in reverse, boat surged forward, i hit the kill switch cord and she stopped with just a small bump on the hull and a little scrape on the skeg. After playing with the shifter a few mins and unsticking the boat form the ramp I got it to go into reverse and was able to back out back into the lake put it back in forward rolled out and ran the boat for 1/2 hour and ran great stopped in the water and now no reverse just forward. noticed that the shifter in the engine will noticeably move when shifting into forward but when you shift to reverse it goes back to the neutral area but not into neutral and doesnt move when you shift backwards on the control lever to put it in reverse. Could this just be a bad cable or one that broke? Going to investigate tomorrow by taking cable off at engine and seeing if unit will shift manually into both gears and see if cable moves correctly for bot forward and reverse and info to help out would be great. Oh and if you happen to see the gremlins that keep sabotaging my damn boat everytime I think I am getting it fixed,....Shoot them!!!!!"

"i hear ya!...
u r on the rig

"i hear ya!...
u r on the right track..disc cable,see if it moves freely,both directions..now,your eng should have a shift switch......if it does not,u need one,as it was an upgrade on early 150,175's.(early 90's)..look at your shift linkages closely,for any damage,and u can try to shift eng manually,at shift linkages on eng,but this is not always 'easy' and can be misleading."

Back