Logo

JOSH NEEDS HELP W MOTOR ELECTRICAL PROBS

" Josh,
The people that might

" Josh,
The people that might help you will need some motor info, like: Name, year, model #, Serial #. "

"Yep..... If you won't tak

"Yep..... If you won't take the time to explain in full what the problem is, and exactly what it pertains to, you might get a reply that states something like..... Hmmmm, must be broke!

Joe
"

" I'M SORRY, MY MOTOR IS A

" I'M SORRY, MY MOTOR IS A 1984 FORCE 85 H.P.MODEL#856X4L. THE PROBLEM IS NO SPARK AND I'VE CALLED SHOPS ABOUT IT AND THEY SAY BRING IT IN , BUT I HAVE NO WAY TO GET IT TO ANYONE. MAYBE I'M WASTING MY TIME WITH THIS MOTOR OR MAYBE THERES SOMETHING I CAN DO MYSELF. "

" JOE, WHERE IN TAMPA BAY ARE

" JOE, WHERE IN TAMPA BAY ARE YOU LOCATED? I LIVE ONLY 45 MIN. AWAY. I LIVE IN HUDSON, MAYBE ON THE WEEKEND I CAN SEE WHAT YOU HAVE FOR ME TO GET MY ENGINE RUNNING. "

"Joshua..... Sorry, I'm re

"Joshua..... Sorry, I'm retired and my line of expertise was with Evinrude and Johnson outboards only. Just have patience, someone will jump in here to help you.

Joe
"

Force is a different animal&#

Force is a different animal( no longer supported by brunswick) take it to a MERCURY dealer for a look see.

Josh
The force engines did h

Josh
The force engines did have inherent ignition problems. Sounds like a stator or CDI unit failure but thats a real rough guess as all the info I have is no spark. I think your best bet on a tight budget would be to buy yourself a workshop manual and follow the troubleshooting procedures step by step.

" IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE TH

" IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT HAS ELECTRICAL PARTS FOR A 1985 FORCE 85 H.P.FOR SALE? SUCH AS STATOR,POWERPACKS,OR COILS. "

Back