Logo

Johnson tilt identification

a91eagletalon

HI New to this forum My first post.

I have a question on identifying the tilt on my boat. The Model number is 70ESL74M witch i believe is for a 1974 70HP. I am having issuies with it settling and figured i would go head and rebuild it. but i am having a hard time finding a rebuild kit for it even though i have the model number. Maybe I am missing something.

Questions

Is this a tilt only or will it trim the boat underway.

Dose it have a rebuild kit avalible.

Is it worth rebuilding. I do have a CMC PT-130 Tilt Trim I could use instead.

thanks for all your help

MJP

Attachments

• IMG_20180821_185038418-800x45.jpg
    IMG_20180821_185038418-800x45.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20180821_185029988-800x450.jpg
    IMG_20180821_185029988-800x450.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Picture would identify it in an instant.-----Does it have 2 lines going to one cylinder between the mount brackets ?---If yes it is tilt only.------Find parts under accessories for your model year.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell give me a source for these parts? I have the exact same motor and the cylinders are shot and the pump is missing. It has taken almost a year to find a picture of this so see what I'm missing. Also by not being trim, it should be lowered all they way before and power is applied, right?

Can anyone tell give me a source for these parts? I have the exact same motor and the cylinders are shot and the pump is missing. It has taken almost a year to find a picture of this so see what I'm missing. Also by not being trim, it should be lowered all they way before and power is applied, right?

These old Calco units are hard to find parts for. Best to find a used CMC tilt/trim plate

If it were any other boat, I would have done that already. I'm trying to restore a 64 Searay 16 footer with the 74 Johnson on it. I'm pretty good at finding stuff but can't seem to find any part numbers.

??----Where are you looking for the part numbers ??-----They are right here on --marineengine.com-------Just a few clicks !

90% of the parts are NLA...few hoses,sealsswitch and relays. Motors are aftermarket but hydraulic valve body is NLA. Best bet is try to find a old engine with it installed. Ebay and Facebook(Strictly OMC) are best bet.

trimold.png

Back