Logo

Johnson 90 on a 22 ft Crest pontoon

ajplona57

New member Thank you for accepting me

so been running with no issues till this weekend
its been sitting in storage for about a month or so, went out and started with no problems, when I went to full throttle would not go to full speed felt like it wanted to but kind of sputtered, so I stopped turn it off and restarted in neutral and rev it up a couple of times, seams like it cleared up so we went for and hr + ride down the St Johns river at full speed and ran great. so anchored for about an hr then it started right up and sure enough wouldn't go full speed and started to sputter like before so I did what I did last time stopped and revved it a couple times but zip so had to run 1/2 speed for our ride back and burned fuel at a much faster rate to where had to make a fuel stop
SO when we got home I flushed the lower end and tried to rev it up but didn't sound go so I stopped looked at the end of propeller and hd a bunch of black smut which tells me un burned fuel
So my question are my carbs messed up or do I just have to remove bowls and carefully clean them out (also ordered a new fuel filter)

Thanks to all in advance

AJ

so going to try and get to that also figuring the bowls on the carbs need cleaning and check needle valve but do I need to remove carbs or can I just remove the bowls

thanks

Back