Logo

Johnson 90 Hp 1988 Carb Rebuild

I purchased a Sierra Carb Rebuild Kit 18-7046

I have everything cleaned up. Pulled all the Jets and Orifece and cleaned them. I am ready for reassembly. None of the gaskets that came with the rebuild kit seem to go any where. I figured the Gasket plug o-ring (leading to the main jet) would get a replacement in the kit but there is only 1 of them this size in each kit. The o-ring to the idol jet is non existent on my model as it uses a lead shot plug. None of the items are labeled on the website or in the instructions.

They include 8 rings or round seals in this kit and the only one I can see that I will use is the Needle and seat gasket.

Does this sound correct?

Question #2
The book calls for a core plug adhesive but the kit instructions make no mention of this.

Question #3
Is there a recommended way to seal the new gaskets? nothing is mentioned about this however I have always finger tipped a bit of oil on a gasket to help with the seal in the past.

18-7046.jpg

If the float bowl is plastic it will likely be warped.-------Needs to be touched up if it is.-------Carburetor repair kits often cover models over many years and some parts are not needed in some instances.

Can you see the light between the 2 bowls when you put them together ?----Usually touched up using some emery paper on a piece of glass.

Can you see the light between the 2 bowls when you put them together ?----Usually touched up using some emery paper on a piece of glass.

Ok I have a leak at the 90 deg connector going into the bowl on the top carb. While removing this carb the 90 deg connector came out while I was removing the fuel line. It did not look like the plastic was broken so I figured it was designed to be removed. is there a way to seal this connector to the bowl? Thanks for the help!

Back