Logo

Johnson 40 hp 89b

B

Brent wilson

" Joe i disconnected the vro l

" Joe i disconnected the vro like you said to do and i just wanted to clarify that the electrical plug you was talking about. Is it a small plug with three connecter points inside? The plug itself is about the size of a nickel. That was the plug i diconnected and a seperate wire that hooked into the wire coming from the oil tank. The wire coming from the oil tank connected into that seperate wire from that plug if i'm correct. You didn't mean the big red plug did you? Also i run a ground test on the heat sensor on the back and it tested good. I also run a test on the oil sensor wire from that plug and it was good, but i want to mix my oil for safety reasons. I don't want to be 5 miles down on the lake and have no oil going to the motor.
If that sensor was going off because of a air leak and not a oil pump problem and i'm going to mix it anyway will the pump still be good if i sell it one day and the other owner wants to hook the oil back up and fix the sensor problem or will it hurt the pump by it being disconnected?

Thanks a bunch you have been a great help!!!!!!!!

Brent "

"Brent.... You've disconne

"Brent.... You've disconnected the wires correctly. No, I did not mean the "Red" main electrical plug. You've run the heat warning test properly and the overheat warning is still in effect as it should be. Whether the VRO will be able to be returned to its original setup at a later date is anybodys guess. If the next owner doesn't want to mix his oil/fuel, the usual cure is to split the cost of a new VRO pump.

Joe
"

Back