Logo

Johnson 35hp 3cylinder 2001 carburettor issue

Pushka

I have carburettor issues . Doesn’t reach full revs. Swapped out carburettors and motor runs fun with no issues. Did not change anything else on the motor. Thoughly cleaned carbies . Cleaned all jets and passages. No change . I am at a loss as to how to fix this. Also it seems that the emulsion tube is not able to be removed to clean on this Carbie ?

Post the compression values.-----Does spark jump a gap of 3/8" or more on each lead ?------Water pump impeller replaced ?-----Is this running with automatic oil injection ?-----Or has that unit been tossed in the garbage amd mixing at 50:1 in the gas tank?----Did you clean the high speed jets?----They are found in the very bottom of the float bowls.

Post the compression values.-----Does spark jump a gap of 3/8" or more on each lead ?------Water pump impeller replaced ?-----Is this running with automatic oil injection ?-----Or has that unit been tossed in the garbage amd mixing at 50:1 in the gas tank?----Did you clean the high speed jets?----They are found in the very bottom of the float bowls.
Thanks for your reply. I understand the reasons for your questions.
the problem with is that I put a borrowed set of carbies on the motor and it ran and preformed as it should with no problems.
when I put the original carbies back on the problem returns. Nothing else was touched on the motor. Carbies have been cleaned . I should mention I am a small engine mechanic worked at a Stihl dealership for 12 years so I am very familiar with carbies etc. this one has me totally stumped as to what is going on.The main jet is not located at the bottom of the bowl in this design carbie

<p>
Carburetors are an easy fix item.---Sorry I should have looked at one of a number of those 35 HP carburetors on the shelf here.</p>

Last edited:
Back