Logo

Johnson 175 parts search

Dan angelus

Hi all
I have a 1992 Johnson 175 J175EXENC 25 inch shaft. Cannot locate steering swivel rod and transmission shift rod for. Looking for months. Couple disappointments on e bay. Stuck with wrong part. Anyone have any suggestions please put me in the right direction. Thanks a lot.
Hapy boating.!!

1992 Johnson 175hp J175EXENC 25" Shaft Length

I don't have the parts you're searching for... BUT... for the sake of the other members who might have them personally or on this site, or could steer you in the right direction... one needs to get the part description right. The transmission shift rod is close. That would be the:

Gearcase Shift Rod - Part #335510

The other part you mention being "Steering Swivel Rod" I can only guess that would actually be what the steering cable attaches to which has a tube attached to it that the engine swivels on, and if so, that would be the:

Steering Arm Assembly - 433283

Correct me if I am in error.

I'm all for saving a dollar when you can. But, as you've found, unless you know the exact right part you need it's very possible to get the wrong thing when you're looking at second hand options.

I have ordered parts from this site several times and have always received the right products for my engines. I've ordered for my '79 9.9HP, my '96 150HP, and my 5.0L V8 Mercruiser. If you're having this much trouble, use the parts diagram for your engine model number and order the OEM correct numbers.

KJ

Back