Logo

Jetskibs not winterized

sparky344

"Looking at a couple Jetski&#3

"Looking at a couple Jetski's that were not winterized last winter, how can I be sure the block or other area isn't cracked? Is this a visual inspection or is there some other way to confirm?

I'm on the northern side of South Carolina, temps have dipped in the low 30's a few times this winter season and maybe a couple nights hit 28-32C.

The two machines were hanging in a boat lift (uncovered) ~ 1995 SPX and 1996 XP. They are for sale for $2000.00 together with a trailer."

28 degrees is not quite cold e

28 degrees is not quite cold enough to freeze the water hard enough to crack a block. temps in the mid teens over the period of a couple days is needed for ice to freeze that solid. But for good measure i would test drive and watch for water in oil.

Are these two stroke motors?

Are these two stroke motors? If so no oiled crankcase. I do agree with Jeremy that it is not likely you have a freeze problem especially since jet skis pretty much self drain.

Bought the jetski's and to

Bought the jetski's and took them to a SeaDoo mechanic. He'll be cleaning and rebuilding the carburator if necessary.

Does $275 P&L sound like a fair price to rebuild these carbs? He also told me it would be $170 to pull the pump and replace the fluid. At first glance these prices seemed high to me but I don't know how involved the process is.

Back