Logo

J150EXEUC won't idle

Boatman61

I've replaced everything I can think of including the reed valves. Starts up runs 1200 RPMs the idles down to 800. Minute later misses etc then dies. No idea what is left to do??

Post the compression test values here.-----And were the carburetor bowls checked ?----They often warp with time.-----List the parts you have replaced as that may help in diagnosis.

95ish psi all around. Replaced plugs, wires, rebuilt carbs twice, replaced reed valves (CCMS) and gaskets, replaced complete fuel line w/correct liner inside, replaced fuel nozzle on front, replaced all o-rings on the 2 fuel rails, replaced vapor sep dasket, replaced power pack with CDI unit, replaced vacuum hoses, replaced optical sensor ...all I can think of at the moment.

Post the compression test values here.-----And were the carburetor bowls checked ?----They often warp with time.-----List the parts you have replaced as that may help in diagnosis.

95ish psi all around. Replaced plugs, wires, rebuilt carbs twice, replaced reed valves (CCMS) and gaskets, replaced complete fuel line w/correct liner inside, replaced fuel nozzle on front, replaced all o-rings on the 2 fuel rails, replaced vapor sep dasket, replaced power pack with CDI unit, replaced vacuum hoses, replaced optical sensor ...all I can think of at the moment.

Rebuilt the fuel pump and carb bowls all look virtually new and not warped.

My buddy reminded me, they are new carb bowls.

Back