Logo

Issues Port side engine

jclays

Regular Contributor
Good afternoon
1966 Californian twin 350 crusaders
A few days ago took the boat out hasn't been in open water for a while only harbor cruising wanted to run it hard. Could not get the Port engine above 2000 rpm. Throttle pushed all the way forward. Revs smooth out of gear at the dock.
Had the carburetor rebuilt yesterday. Tech said it was very dirty. I reinstalled the rebuilt carb, fired her up, adjusted and idles and revs smooth. Today changed both fuel filters. Port side engine has intermittent popping at the exhaust. Any thoughts???? Going to check the timing tomorrow.
Thanks in advance
Jim

I had a similar issue. Turned out it was a spark plug wired that got crossed. Ran fine at the dock, rev'ed fine at the dock but under load it would pop back up the carb. Thinking I had checked it several times, I re-checked it again, and sure enough a wire was crossed. That fixed it, and it taught me a good lesson as well. If you messed with the plug wires at all.......check them again.

Duke1

Found #7 plug wire loose. Will not clip on to the plug sits loose and spins when moved. Just got home. Have some spare plug wires. On my way back to the boat to install new #7 wire and see the result.

Back