Logo

In need of help!? 50 hp Mariner

Tmerriman

I have what I assume is an 80s model Mariner 50hp 2 stroke, bought it this summer and it didn't run very well. Started digging into it and then winter came. Engine has the 2 carb set up. As I was rebuilding the carbs I found one of my main problems. The 2 little holes in which the "bar hinge" (for lack of better words) that the float swivels on.. is broken off.. this allows the float to float crooked in the bowl..

I'm assuming nothing can fix that since that little "hole" is machined into the carb.

Is there anyone in the world to find a replacement carb or parts carb for my engine? It's WMA 3-1 1364-4929

Any help would be appreciated

Update, was able to find a carb. The motor is an 84. Cleaned it up and rebuilt it and put it on. We t to start the engine and the starter gave out. Would only go about half way up towards the flywheel and spin. Other times it would engage the flywheel but wouldn't spin. Put a new hot battery in and got the same problem.

So I ordered a new starter and installed it today. Went to turn the key and all I get is a click from the choke. Starter does nothing.. doesn't jump up to engage the flywheel nor does it spin. Did I get a bad starter? Battery is new and reads 12.6 on the voltmeter. I took the starter out and looked it over for anything I may have missed and didn't see anything. Any thoughts?

I ordered it from a marine shop in California, paid 200 bucks for it. It is a factory brand starter. I think I'm going to go through battery connections, make sure they are all clean. Maybe new battery cables. Maybe it's losing voltage between the battery and starter?

Does anyone have a picture of the ground strap? It didn't come with any wires. Just a box with a starter that was marked "tested" "good"

Back