Logo

Idle speed

jay1216

"My 120 idles great at home on

"My 120 idles great at home on the muffs, take her to the lake wont run worth a crap. Try to let off the gas she dies, i let it warm for a few mins. Is that the idle speed? Does anyone know how to adjust? I think its the plastic clear screws on the front of the two carbs. I had a mechanic redo the carbs"

"I would take it to the lake a

"I would take it to the lake and see if you cant get the mixtures right, then watch the tower shaft that runs the carbs and see the idle stop- usually had a 1/4-20 lock nut and a plastic "foot". loosen the nut and adjust till it runs at 800 in gear. If you have no tac, adjust up till it will stay running (with out roaring). When you adjust one carb, it effects the others, so you arn't done after the first go round."

"William sorry forgot to state

"William sorry forgot to state the year its a 1990 dont know if that matters. It does have a tach. Goes from 0-60x100 I cant get it in gear it dies rightaway. Whst should the tach read in Neutral? The gas in the tank was varnished cleaned the gas out, putnew gas in had the carbs cleaned. I borrowed a portable fuel tank to see if it is my tank. But idle seems off in the water."

"I would set idel at 1200 on t

"I would set idel at 1200 on the muffs, and then see how close you come to 800 tied to the dock in gear. Bad thing about varnish is it keeps comming back to haunt you. Keep working with the portable and check your spark and put a clear fuel line from the connector to the fuel pump so you can see crap and air bubbles passing thru.

Remember-- Chrysler loved to screw with you so they would develop other problems at the same time you were fixing one."

"Yeah ive got the clear filter

"Yeah ive got the clear filter on the fuel line and its nasty big ole chunks real nasty looks like soom rust too. What do you think i should do? Ditch the tank. It could be cleaned but a real pain. Probaly why my boat wont run huh. Have not got to go out with the portable yet, work to damn much!"

Back