Logo

Identifying Model

Totonno

Hi everyone.
I have a Mariner 6 hp 2-stroke engine registered in 1998, with a few hours of operation.
After a few years I started it again but it leaks fuel from the carburettor choke. I attach a photo.
I would like to buy a gasket kit, but I can't find the correct carburetor model. I tried to enter my serial number on www.marineengine.com, but I couldn't find my engine model.
Can anyone help me or tell me what my carburetor is, or recommend a gasket kit?
Thank you very much.

Attachments

• Starter modified.jpg
    Starter modified.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 7
  • Carburator.jpg
    Carburator.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:
Kit is listed at $131.33-----No way that I would spend that kind of beer tokens.------Take it apart.----Inspect float and float valve.----Re-assemble and test run.

Kit is listed at $131.33-----No way that I would spend that kind of beer tokens.------Take it apart.----Inspect float and float valve.----Re-assemble and test run.
First of all, thanks for your advice. However, I would like to understand what my engine is and the code of my carburetor. If the kit is for sale online, could you send me the link? Thank you

Just keep clicking and do not use the serial number feature.-----I could tell you the part # but you won't learn anything.

Just keep clicking and do not use the serial number feature.-----I could tell you the part # but you won't learn anything.
Why can't I find my engine by serial number? I've been looking all day... but now, thanks to your instructions, I think I found the kit I need (code 1395-823707 2). I will inspect the float and float valve before purchasing any kit, but since the carburetor springs seem fine, so could I just replace the gaskets included in the kit listed at $84.50? https://www.marineengine.com/newparts/part_details.php?pnum=MER1395-9761++1

Do you have a clear picture of your serial number to post?

Now I don't have any photos. I only have the transcribed data. The serial number I posted is written on the label on the engine shaft. Immediately below the serial number is the year 1998. Furthermore, at the end of the label it says Marine Power Europe, Verviers, made in Belgium.

I also could not bring up your motor by serial number.

The serial number is not listed within the serial number ranges. What did you click on to get to the list of gaskets?

Now I don't have any photos. I only have the transcribed data. The serial number I posted is written on the label on the engine shaft. Immediately below the serial number is the year 1998. Furthermore, at the end of the label it says Marine Power Europe, Verviers, made in Belgium.
Probably why it’s harder to find…

Your model number is 7006201GB which again is hard to locate anything against it online.
That mentioned, I’m able to find a model number that is right next to it / yours in which will offer a parts catalog that should work for your model number too.
The other number that is close to your number is the second one down in the list ending in a D.

1998 MARINER , 6

Model​
Version​
7006201GB MH
7006201GD MH
In which I was able to find a part’s catalog that ought to work for your situation.

Probably why it’s harder to find…

Your model number is 7006201GB which again is hard to locate anything against it online.
That mentioned, I’m able to find a model number that is right next to it / yours in which will offer a parts catalog that should work for your model number too.
The other number that is close to your number is the second one down in the list ending in a D.

1998 MARINER , 6

Model​
Version​
7006201GBMH
7006201GDMH

In which I was able to find a part’s catalog that ought to work for your situation.
Thank you so much.

is the fuel leaking out that little hole on the side? If so you need a new primer diaphragm which can be bought as a separate kit. after 96 Mercury started registering the serial # in the yr they were sold not made. here is the link to all the serial #s for your motor. The $130 carb kit is not needed. Complete carb kit is $57.

is the fuel leaking out that little hole on the side? If so you need a new primer diaphragm which can be bought as a separate kit. after 96 Mercury started registering the serial # in the yr they were sold not made. here is the link to all the serial #s for your motor. The $130 carb kit is not needed. Complete carb kit is $57.
Perfect. Thank you

Back