Logo

i need help!

Stefanek821

I bought a bass tracker TF 16000 1989 with two mercury outboard motors, one is 2005 optimax 115 hp two stroke and second 9.9 four stroke. In the 115 hp i changed the gas filter and air filter, and in the hull I changed fuel water separator filter and also i put new gas hoses. After finishing I try run engine small 9.9 starts with no problem but the 115 don't. I checked and there was no fuel in the line so i pomp primer bulb and fuel goes to the engine , but still the engine didn't start. what can be wrong?do you think can be air block?

I think you bought someone else's problem.

Without being sarcastic here there could be so many different issues causing the "no start" that you need to haul it into a Merc dealer - get them to plug it into a diagnostic computer as your "first step".

You don't poke at an Optimax in your driveway with a screwdriver and simply swapping in parts to try and guess what is wrong is a very expensive option.

Sounds like you got air in system and needs to be purged...google boatinfo and get the factory manual and bleed per installation instructions.

Back