Logo

I need help with my2011 9.8 Nissan Marine 4 stroke

EQ Guy

I managed to drop my motor and it landed on concrete. A piece is broken off of the lower cowling next to the upper cowling latch. Do I need to replace the lower cowling or is it possible to glue the broken off piece with the appropriate glue? If it needs replacement how difficult is it to remove and install? I am a novice but I have torn down and rebuilt automotive engines in the past.

When I was transporting my motor in my pickup bed I managed to get oil into the carb. I had the correct side up but the bottom of the prop shaft was elevated which allowed oil to enter the carb. The motor will not start now. What is the procedure to correct this problem? Do I have to disassemble the carb?

Thanks

No just drain oil from the carburetor.------Drain oil from cylinders if you suspect oil may have gotton in there,. Start the motor.

Thank you so much racerone. I took off the drain screw from the carb and there was a bunch of oil in there. I flushed a bit of gas thru it and then it started right up. Now I just need to decide if I want to go to the trouble of changing out the lower cowl. I found my service manual and I feel confident I can change it out if I choose to go that route. I may try gluing it back on in the short term as I will not be running this motor until later this Spring.

Back