Logo

I have another Merc 115 Thunderbolt

Oldboatguy8911

Contributing Member
I have another Mercury 115 Thunderbolt seems to be a 70s i havent fooled with it unless its to pull parts off of it for my current 115. The wiring harness is frayed and junk, the distrib, plug wires seem in great condition same with alot of the other electrical components. i am curious what i could do with it? I was wanting to put it up on stands and slowly replace all the wireing and few parts n what not and get it running and have 2 115s. just snag another boat without a motor and throw it on there. I was just curious to see what you guys had to say on the matter and if i did in fact do that, what should i check first? compression? Fuel and Fire right?

I have another Mercury 115 Thunderbolt seems to be a 70s i havent fooled with it unless its to pull parts off of it for my current 115. The wiring harness is frayed and junk, the distrib, plug wires seem in great condition same with alot of the other electrical components. i am curious what i could do with it? I was wanting to put it up on stands and slowly replace all the wireing and few parts n what not and get it running and have 2 115s. just snag another boat without a motor and throw it on there. I was just curious to see what you guys had to say on the matter and if i did in fact do that, what should i check first? compression? Fuel and Fire right?

I would definitely check compression first (big things first), the check fire, then fuel.

I have two 1982 115hp also, the one on my boat is froze up so I am swapping another powerhead with the one on the boat.

Back