Logo

I have a two part question Ignition switch and a part

SirMako

Hello. I am new here and hope maybe I can get some help? I put in a new switch and the pictures I took were really bad. I hooked everything up after I put back on the starter thinking it was bad. Now when I turn the key on it immediately turns over the motor. Which is clear something a wire is in the wrong location. I have a 1992 Evinrude Spitfire 150 hp Elence motor OMC. It a in dash switch type. I have searched up on this but nothing really for me to see where each wire is meant to go. This is the switch wired. The other question is this part on the left head rear of motor. It has never been hooked up but I am thinking it has to do with temp but Crowley Marine picture it. I can't post. will try again

77[1].jpg

The larger red with a possible purple stripe goes to the B terminal,yellow with red stripe goes to the S terminal,purple fo the A terminal,black to the M terminal,black/yellow to the other M terminal,purple with a possible yellow stripe to the C terminal.Yes it is a temp switch.

Thank you. This switch has no marks so I am going to get another one. Also I lost some parts to it.lol. I was looking under the dash this weekend and the wiring is a mess. That I will have to save up for someone to clean them up. Right now I just want to get it back running. It has sat way too long. I have new impeller kit for it. Again Thanks for giving me the information I needed. It's crazy how hard to find a good video or diagram for this series of motor.

I cannot get a picture of the mystery part. It's located to the left of the temp plug. It looks to have separated and the piece I have has like head that you could clip in a y type clip. It doesn't or hasn't effected the motor but I can in the photo diagram to at least get the name of the part and what it's there for? It threads in so once I can get this motor back up and running, I'm curious if the other part will come out? Sorry, I know my explaining isn't much help. I don't understand why I can post a picture of the switch but can't with the same phone camera? If you look on the left side and count down 3 holes. Thats about where this part goes . You can see where it's threaded.Cylinder head.jpg

Sorry didn't look realize it was two different types.lol It looks more like the top one but maybe a couple of threads left. The other part of it slid back into where it was bolted. I don't ever remember anything being attached to it. The only difference is it doesn't have the nut section to it. It round and smooth. It doesn't show any signs like it broken ( rough edges).

Looked on the accessories pages ?
I will but I found a video on same motor just it a 1996 and from what I understood that may have something to do with sending temps to a gauge if the boat has one so that may explain why it was never hooked up. I have a 1976 Mako and it has like a dummy light you would find in a vehicle. I am going to try and gather as much information on this motor since I need to just buckle down and clean up the old wiring under the console. I would like to at some point replace the pull style fuse type from that era and up grade it. This would mean identifying every wire and labeling. I may have to figure how to make a harness for everything. I want to move the batteries under the console. I'm not real how since the fuel tank will be underneath them?

Looked on the accessories pages ?
Ok, I found that page but nothing is listed there that was temp related but from what I have found leads me to think it has to do temp but not a 100% sure. All I know is that part of it slid back in and I can't remove it but since where it is, I am guessing once started, the pressure will push it out and it will leak. This means I will have to get a plug to stop that. I just hope it does since what I have only has at most 2 threads left. It will be a guessing game if not.

That does not enter the water area..it is contact only
Thank you. I thought it did. one less thing to worry about when she gets back up and running. I am going to replace impeller and rebuild carbs once I get the ignition wired. It's been hot as heck with rain showers here in bio polar Florida. lol. Trying to find my Seleno ( I'm sure spelled wrong) manual on this motor. I most likely will have more questions. Thanks guys for the help.

Back