Logo

How to wire up a mariner

barvas11

Hi Guys,
I have bought a 50hp mariner about 2 month ago. I was trying to connect it and start it but it wouldn't even turn. The power tilt was attempting to move. It moved about 2 degrees very slowly. I have noticed that there is some little hose disconnected at the bottom of the engine (it;s maybe from the power tilt) I have no idea where that should go.
The guy who disconnected all the wires took some pictures (he was really dumb) There were 2 more wires that I am missing. One was brown and one was black (see the pictures) I have no clue where where those wires are because I can't find them. Could you tell me how to wire it up so that I can get it running? I had no problems with my mercury that was just a socket and a power tilt switch.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Jakub

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    43 KB · Views: 29
  • IMAG0528.jpg
    IMAG0528.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMAG0529.jpg
    IMAG0529.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 26
The wires your missing(brn/blk/purple ) was for attaching a Autoblend unit that looks like you didnt get (be glad)....

Hi, I think that the autoblend has been disconnected and he was mixing it himself. Could you tell me where to connect the missing wires? Also do you know anything about the black thin hose from the bottom of the tilt. It looks like it got disconnected from something but I have no clue where it should go. Do you think that it won't start because of the missing wires or is there something else? Thanks

Ok so that shouldn't have an effect on the starter motor and tilt. I don't know if those wires have any effect on the tilting mechanism and starter motor. The engine started no bother 2 month ago. The thing is that it hasn't been drained out of fuel so I am worried about the carbs.

Back