Logo

How to replace H2O Lambda Probe Honda BF225A6

bgiovanny

hi guys, congratulations for the forum, I have a problem with a honda bf225A6, I have to replace the H2O lambda probe, but I don't know how to reset the ECU after the replacement...
I know that I have to make a short circuit of 2 wires, but I don't know which wires and how to proceed, can anyone help me?
Tks

Hi,
I have a procedure for clearing codes but it's only for the 4 light key switch models....
As previously posted here by member chawk_man :

Green =oil pressure
Red=.over heat warning
Red= charging fault indicator
Red= MIL ( malfunction indicator lamp).

Not sure it applies to yours but if that's what you have you simply locate the RED four pin electrical connector under the connector bay cover and use a paperclip to shunt the lime green with white stripe wire to the black wire connector.

With the wires shunted, turn ignition on and then activate the kill switch 5 times within 20 seconds. If done correctly you should hear one or two beeps. If not, turn ignition off and then start again after waiting 10 seconds. Once the beeps are heard, codes are clear.

You can verify by turning off ignition and waiting 10 seconds then cycle the ignition to run again to check for any codes.

If the MIL light comes on and stays on, there are no codes present. If the MIL begins flashing there are codes stored. You should count the flashes and write them down.

Don't forget to FIRST turn ignition OFF then remove the paperclip.

Hope this helps and
Good luck.

Hi,
I have a procedure for clearing codes but it's only for the 4 light key switch models....
As previously posted here by member chawk_man :

Green =oil pressure
Red=.over heat warning
Red= charging fault indicator
Red= MIL ( malfunction indicator lamp).

Not sure it applies to yours but if that's what you have you simply locate the RED four pin electrical connector under the connector bay cover and use a paperclip to shunt the lime green with white stripe wire to the black wire connector.

With the wires shunted, turn ignition on and then activate the kill switch 5 times within 20 seconds. If done correctly you should hear one or two beeps. If not, turn ignition off and then start again after waiting 10 seconds. Once the beeps are heard, codes are clear.

You can verify by turning off ignition and waiting 10 seconds then cycle the ignition to run again to check for any codes.

If the MIL light comes on and stays on, there are no codes present. If the MIL begins flashing there are codes stored. You should count the flashes and write them down.

Don't forget to FIRST turn ignition OFF then remove the paperclip.

Hope this helps and
Good luck.
Tks you to much for your help, I will try it, tks

Back