Logo

How to remove engine cowling off old 4HP evinrude

bowie

I have been given an old 4hp Evinrude. It has a screw on the top of the cowling and two on a strip each end at the bottom of the cowling. The srew on the top of the cowling has a warning that if undone it will disable the starting cord. Details of the engine are Serial 370163. Model E48RCIC.
The engine is in mint condition and runs well. I would be happier knowing how to remove the cowling before I start using it.

Do not loosen the screw on top it will take the tension off of the recoil spring, The screws on the front and back will release the bottom cover then from under the middle piece there are four bolts that hold the starter housing on lift it off then there are four bolts that hold the center piece on two under neath and two on top. That is a 1981 4hp E4BRCIC the B is really a 8.

Do not loosen the screw on top it will take the tension off of the recoil spring, The screws on the front and back will release the bottom cover then from under the middle piece there are four bolts that hold the starter housing on lift it off then there are four bolts that hold the center piece on two under neath and two on top. That is a 1981 4hp E4BRCIC the B is really a 8.

Many Thanks for your help

Back