Logo

How to reconnect coil condensor wires Please idiot proof your response

patgooley

"Stupid..should have taken a p

"Stupid..should have taken a picture before replacing the coils and condensers. 1959 FD 13 johnson motor. replaced parts and forgot how to re connect all the wires.

black wire with red end coming out just next to each coil. Black wire and green wire coming from each coil. Black wire coming from each condenser. Can anyone tell me where they connect? Feel free to poke fun as well, as this was truly a stupid mistake."

"Hey, Pat. The closest manual

"Hey, Pat. The closest manual I've got to that only covers 1922-23 "a" 2hp to the 1955 "rde-17" 25hp. Mint book though, if anyone needs info. The two wires coming out of the coil are ground( black) and + (green). Black gets grounded to the coil holddown screw. The other three go to the points. Black wire w/ red end is the shutoff or key switch wire. The tricky part, and you thought this was going to be easy, is to make sure you do not ground these wires at the points. Study the point hookup, looking for how they insulate these wires from ground. It's usually a plastic washer and spacer. I'll keep watch and if you need a picture, I could send you one. Good Luck, Randy"

Back