Logo

How much water should come out the pee tube

jeffreybean

"I have a 1982 3.6 hp Merc., t

"I have a 1982 3.6 hp Merc., the water exiting the pee tube is not visable as the motor spins 360 degrees. I'm thinking it exits inside the shaft?
Any way, I pulled the water line off and there was only a mist of water coming out. I have a 50 hp mecr. and water shoots out of that, so I'm thinking I may have a problem here.
I just replaced the impeller, could I have put that on the wrong way?

On the hose barb connection for the water line,the one closest to the front of the motor, I fitted a line I could hook up to my garden hose, water was coming out of the chock tube when I turned the water on, any ideas on that.

Sorry if I'm not nameing parts correctly, dont know to much about fixing outboards, but willing to learn.

Thanks...Jeff"

"Water i would imagine would c

"Water i would imagine would come out of there more than just a mist. If you have a manual for this motor check that you did put it back on correctly, if you don't try your local library in which they will probably have a manual for your engine. It is a possibility that you may have not done a step correctly so give that a try."

"Lee, thanks for the reply. I

"Lee, thanks for the reply. I found the problem, where the water tube comes into the head there is a rubber grommet that was deformed blocking the flow, fixed it and she runs like a champ now
biggrin.gif

Thanks..Jeff"

I figured it was something sim

I figured it was something simple like that. Grommets is an easy and quick fix. Cheap also.

"Hi all' just joined the f

"Hi all' just joined the forum today thought i would introduce myself and ask a question at the same time. I have a mercury 2 stroke 50hp 4 cyl blue band. i was getting steam out of the tell tell, after buying a new impeller for the pump i am now ready to fit it. question is,, the impeller is bigger than the housing so the vanes will fold one way when you fit it, does it matter which way in this goes, will it pump instead of suck if it is wrong. thanks guys and hope to be of some use to some of you soon.
regards gordon"

Back