Logo

How much Horsepower will a stringer handle

"The 800 series is rated at 26

"The 800 series is rated at 260HP. Might be able to get away with 10-20 more HP. Not sure though. It might be an issue on what the ball gears can handle but I am sure there are other factors involved as well. Something like that may pull the lags right out of the stringers. I'm sure there is a cushion in those specs but not sure how much. Forget about putting something like that in your boat. You have 225HP, I believe. You can go 4bbl and kick it up a notch. Maybe a marine performance edelbrock intake setup, play with the cam. You have a few less expensive options out there."

"THink it would sound meaner b

"THink it would sound meaner bud if I got the exhaust to be above water? I mean then it would sound pretty mean.. and i could always go with telling people that I cant afford to burn the gas to show em what it will do..

Right now, hooked to a water hose it sounds like a nascar"

"what about make the exhaust a

"what about make the exhaust above water, and add a 3799.99 jet drive, since I am wanting to add power, and spend up to 5 grand on my boat.."

"I thought about running thru-

"I thought about running thru-hull on mine. Almost did it too. The dilemma is the the engine moves up and down to trim the boat (have the selecta-trim). I would have to go with center risers and then numerous elbow combinations to allow clearance and flexibility to the exhaust so I could still use the trim. After looking at it and thinking it over, I decided it was not worth the price and trouble. I have seen it done though, a guy over at iboats.com forum did a great job converting his. All stainless with headers. Looked very tricked out. I will try to find the link."

Back