Logo

How long before I know the VRO Pump is working

madhammer

"Hello, I have a newly rebuilt

"Hello, I have a newly rebuilt 1997 Evinrude 115 h.p. Intruder. This is a new motor for my rig as I previously had a Nissan 90 hp.

Anyhow, the dealer installed the external oil tank and marked the level. In addition, we premixed the first tank of gas.

I have started the break in procedure. The motor has about two hours on it - all but about 15 minute of it below 3000 RPMs. I have been varying the speed and we drove about 10 minutes today at between 3k and 4k RPMs

Anyhow, I was hoping very much to see that the oil had dropped below the line. It hasn't.

Am I being impatient? The dealer said to run the first two tanks premixed unless I see a noticable drop in the oil res.

Thanks"

"The oil consumption from tank

"The oil consumption from tank should be about 2% to fuel. So next time You fill fuel, just compare how much oil You have to add to the tank to get it at the mark."

"Thanks guys, but let me clari

"Thanks guys, but let me clarify.

He marked a line on the reservoir to mark how much he put in it.

I'm waiting to see if the oil level drops below that mark. My question is whether I'm stressing prematurely because the oil in the res has yet to move below that mark after two hours of running time.

Thanks"

"2 hours of running and how mu

"2 hours of running and how much fuel?
Forget about running hours, it is all about fuel consumption! Roughly 1 qt of oil, 12 Gal of fuel or 1 Liter oil and 50 liters of fuel."

"I get what you ar saying. Pr

"I get what you ar saying. Probably three gallons. Three gallons would be 8 oz of oil. I think that should be enough to make a change in the oil level in the resevoir - if the VRO pump is working, right?

Thanks"

"My opinion, You are a bit too

"My opinion, You are a bit too impatient. Wait at least until You have passed 12 gal, then refill one quart and see if up to mark. Your boat is not 'stable' at land, any tilting or change of angle will affect, and You never know how accurate the mark was set.I used the same system, but made 2 marks. Filled the tank half -made a mark. Then filled exactly 1 Liter (1 quart) and made another mark. Then told the customer to run out 50L of fuel and check. And it is not 'probably' it is exactly!"

OK. I'm willing to admit I

OK. I'm willing to admit I'm impatient. Thank you for giving me some piece of mind.

The good news so far is the motor ran great. I think it will be a nice upgrade over the Nissan.

Thanks again. I appreciate the time and effort.

Paul

Back