Logo

How do I know if a 1988 Johnson 110 J110TLCCA has Quick Start?

PhilSch

Regular Contributor
My motor does not want to idle when first starting cold without repeated priming. If I manually lift throttle slightly at the powerhead for a very short period of time it will idle normally. I was wondering if possibly the Quick Start feature was not working properly.

My mistake on the year.-----I misread and know that a CC model is a 1988.------No in 1988 the 110 HP does not have quick start.----These are simple reliable motors.------But an owner needs a wee bit of education / knowledge , understanding on how to operate one.-----Not like a new BIG $$$ motor where you just push a button like your new pick up truck.------The $4000 ECU knows how to operate a new motor !!

Sorry-----I can not see , feel or hear your motor.----Up to you to do the trouble shooting as to what might be wrong with it.

Your motor "problem" (or not) sounds normal to me. Motors normally need additional choking/priming/throttle increase till they warm up.

Are you using the warm up lever?

There is no warm up lever so no way to increase idle speed with the controls. If the engine cover is off I can increase the RPM's manually with the throttle linkage on the carb. I'm considering installing some sort of remote throttle cable.

Well---- I am sure there is a warm up lever of some sort.------See post #4 .----Best to hurry to a boat shop and ask how to operate your motor !

Ok, I took a closer look at the control box and discovered in order to advance the throttle without putting it into gear it requires pulling the throttle toward the center of the boat while pushing the throttle forward. I have never seen a control like that. The controls I have used in the past have either a lever for cold idle or a push button on the pivot point of the throttle to disengage the shifter.

Back