Logo

How do I ID my inboard V8 engines where to start

charles_f

"I recently purchased a 1986 C

"I recently purchased a 1986 Cruisers 28' boat with two inboard engines, V8, look to be 350 cubic inch (my memory of the 70's is a bit hazy, but they do look like 350's).

How do I go about identifying them?"

CAN YOU POST A PIC SOMEONE WIL

CAN YOU POST A PIC SOMEONE WILL HIT IT RIGHT AWAY THESE GUYS ARE GOOD OR YOU COULD FIND A PLATE OR STAMPING GOTO GOOGLE SEARCH TYPE IT IN CHACES ARE SOMEONE AREADY HAS THATS WORKED FOR ME ON MANY TIMES...

If they are Chrysler's The

If they are Chrysler's They are most likely a 318 or 360. Post a picture and we can see for sure if they are Chrysler's or not. as far as telling which one it is after that we will need some more info (like a cast number off the block or look for a ID tag near the carb ) Look for the ID tag first as it will be the easiest to do.

David

"Thank you all for great advic

"Thank you all for great advice. I will look for ID numbers on the engine, and take some photos too."

"Charles, yeah if you don'

"Charles, yeah if you don't see a Tag look down on the block for a casting number ( on the port side under the exhaust manifold .. if it is a Chrysler anyways )There will be a number like this 2806030-318-3 and below it you will see a casting date... In the number I provided you see the block number 2806030 followed by the displacement 318 and then the engine use 3

David"

Back