Logo

Hot Spark electronic Ignition

toma1955

"Hi Folks, I'm passing on

"Hi Folks, I'm passing on some experience using Hot Spark Electronic Ignition Conversion Kit http://www.hot-spark.com/ Talk about being frustrated! I have a 1976 AQ130D volvo penta engine, and I bought a electronic ignition to replace my points and condenser. Replacing it was simple. But when I turned it over, and tried tuning the engine, it was running real rough. Come to fine out, 2 of the 4 cylinder were only firing. Change back to my points and condenser. Email Hot-Spark, and they sent me a replacement. This time the engine did not turn over at all. Email Hot-Spark they claim they reproduce my problem and sent me a short sleeve magnet. It was a 1/4 of and inch shorter then the first 2 they sent me. But it work this time. Supposedly the older distributors are more worn down which required the short sleeve. I did not get more performance out of engine, it tops out at 35 MPH before and after. But I do notice a difference at trolling speed. It seems to be smoother."

"Hi Tom, I think you have foun

"Hi Tom, I think you have found what most of us have, they have very good after-sales service. I guess if you want more umph out of your engine you'll have to look elsewhere but if it ain't broke, don't fix it
biggrin.gif
"

Back