Logo

Horn sounding

"1994 150 rude intruder - unlo

"1994 150 rude intruder - unloaded boat at ramp, docked left the motor running, parked the truck. As I started back to the boat the warning horn was beeping with about a three second delay between beeps. Right before I made to the boat it quit and never done it again. I have noticed it doing this on several other occasions maybe twice in 3 years is this a concern or maybe the oil float switch after long haul?"

"that is indicative of a '

"that is indicative of a 'no-oil' situation,at your VRO pump.If u dont know when the vro was changed,or has not been done in around 5 yrs,...i would def do it...by the book!...see the other posts beneath yours in this forum..'oily plugs'..u are prob losing oil prime in hose...which,should be replaced too..save your engine w/a new setup....or,...let her go and sell for parts later.. :>)"

"I changed the VRO pump last y

"I changed the VRO pump last year.On the hose I have never replaced it which brings up another question. I have never had to prime the bulb it stays tight all the time,is this normal? Guess I will go buy one tommorrow anyway.Thanks jwb"

"thats good...way too many peo

"thats good...way too many people never chg them,...i stillt believe u r losing prime in the hose...maybe loose connection somewhere....but,it could just be faulty elect in the vro..in any case ...I highly recommend u have it checked....there are oil consumption test that can be done,as well as warning signal verification....that horn,may not be lying to you.! The bulb should always stay hard."

"clean/replace the oil filter

"clean/replace the oil filter screen in the oil tank,..dump the oil and put in fresh.I would suggest a factory service manual.The oil tank should be serviced every 2 yrs,..or when water may be suspected in tank..thats a big failure area.Be sure to prime up the new hose till oil comes out w/no bubbles,then ,re-connect to oil pump..* Mark the level in oil tank,run 50/1 in FUEL tank,until oil consumption can be verified,after servicing.."

Back