Logo

Hoping to save Memorial Day Weekend need help with Fuel Issue

I have 2 Honda 130 BF 2000 motors with 600 hrs on them. Ended last season awesome with no engine issues at all. Winterized and the UnWinterized as normal and both engines started first try and ran on hose for 30 mins.

I got to the water last week and both engines started and then while warming up one engine stopped. The Ball was soft and I could not get it to Prime.
I replaced the water separator and still could not get it to prime well but kept trying to get the engine to start to no avail.

I went home and started diagnosing the issue.

Took the bulb hose to the other side of the Water Separator and has having issues getting it to Prime. So I replaced the Tank Fuel Pickup and Check Valve and was now able to get it to prime. I Also updated all the Fuel line as it was 17 Years old and not looking great.

So now I have A hard Bulb at the Engine and still not starting.
I have remove the fuel source line into the VST and when I pump the ball I get fuel to come out so no blockage on any of the internal hoses or filters prior to the VST.

I removed the spark plugs and sprayed Starter fluid into them and turned it over and it Sputtered and stopped but that proved I have Spark.

When I turn on the key I do not hear the pump at all. I unscrewed the front Pressure Test Screw on the high Fuel Pump and no Fuel came out and when I turn the key no fuel comes out of the hole which I think means my High Pressure Pump is toast but I am not sure 100%, I also do not seam to find it online anywhere for sale.

Did I miss anything here in diagnosing the issue, or should I order a new High Pressure Pump?

Troy

You should diagnose the problem first e.g. power up the pump from an external power source & see if it operates. The main relay(which also powers the HP fuel pump IIRC) on these have also been known to fail and were recalled.
If the HP pump is faulty, yes they were updated to the newer style VST assembly.

Here is a link to the HP fuel pump #10 which is now obsolete and superseded (SUP) to the updated (PRI) complete VST assembly
http://www.boats.net/parts/search/H...000/BF130AY XA/FUEL PUMP FUEL PIPE/parts.html

which is here
http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/honda/H-06167-ZW5-305.html

Bob

Back