Logo

Honda Digital Speedometer 2006 150 hp

lastchance

I own 2006 Honda 150 hp and recently changed anolog instruments to digital. The Honda digital speedometer works except fuel management. Does any on know why this does not work?

Re: Honda Digital Speedometer

If my memory is correct...in 2006, the main wiring harness did not have all the leads to allow the digital gauges to work.

Trace the green lead from the gauge to each of the connectors on the wiring harness. You may see it on one side of the connection but not on the other. If you do trace it to the main wiring harness (although I do not think you will), go back the the engine and make sure that the six pin connector has six wires in it. Back then, there were only three.

If you find this to be the case, you can use 32185-ZY6-020AH cable to run from the engine (six pin connector) to the helm (six pin connector and a three pin connector). It is 20 ft long. If you need a 25ft ...use a 32185-ZY6-025AH cable. That will get the green lead and a couple of others to the helm. The others are for speed/trip (to digital speedo) and trim and tilt (to digital tach).

Just be sure to check the continuation of all six colors coming out of the new connector to the gauge/s. You might have to make one or two jumpers. It has been a long time since I had to do this. The first and only time, there were no wiring diagrams and even the techs at Honda had only preliminary drawings. It was for a twin engine installation, so I do not remember if the jumpers that I made were due to it being a dual engine install or if it was just for digital gauges. I think the jumpers were on the digital adapter cables...which have been updated shortly after I did the work. So you probably will not have to worry about it.

Hope that helps.

Mike

Back