Logo

Honda BF225 Fuse Issue

Jofizix

First of all, thanks for allowing me to join this group. We have owned the boat for about 7-8 years now and have resolved a few issues myself over the years. Any way, yesterday we had a problem with no power to the motor or trim or ignition. Turned out to be the Number 3 fuse (1 of 7) under the engine cover on the port side. It's a 10 amp fuse that pretty much powers a lot of items and I think it may have blown after the transom area got swamped while we were sitting with motor off and swapping out tubers behind the boat. So, if you are running along and all is good, and then after being stopped for awhile you are unable to get any power to the console, make sure you check the smaller fuses too. I was thinking maybe the kill switch had gone bad but it was just a fuse. Be safe and enjoy!

Welcome, and thanks for your post.

The fuse was likely blown because of a short in either the tilt/trim sensor wire or the wires to the tilt/trim motor. I would strongly advise that you inspect that wiring for chafing or exposed bare wire. Especially look at the plugs to both.

Hi Jofizix,
Welcome and thanks for taking the time to offer something that could help others. That's what it's all about!
Cheers!

Back